Maccast 2014.01.16 - #474
Sponsor - Sanebox
- I had heard about Sanebox from a few people, but I really took it seriously when my friend David Sparks wrote about it in his @Email book.
- I signed up for a trial account and after using it for a week I was hooked. I’m so happy to have them as a new sponsor because I think the service is great.
- We all get a ton of email and prioritizing, organizing it, and managing it can be a hassle. That’s where Sanebox comes in.
- It automatically cleans up your Inbox by moving less important emails out of the way so that you can focus on what you need and then get to the other stuff later.
- It gives you “in-box-less” so you can more easily get to inbox zero
- Best of all, it works everywhere - on any email provider, client or device.
- Tell it about your account and it sets up additional mailboxes to work with your inbox
- It then watches your emails and what you do with them to make a profile of what’s important to you (which emails you open, which you respond to, how quickly, how often, etc).
- It does this without ever looking at the content (only the headers).
- It can then move the less important message out of your inbox to the @Sane boxes like SanBulk, SanNews, or SanLater
- Training is super easy too. If it makes a mistake, just move the message to the appropriate place it SanBox will remember and learn your preferences.
- SaneBox has lots of other features: 1 click unsubscriber, snoozing non-urgent emails, moving attachments to Dropbox etc.
- Try it for free and get a $10 credit: sanebox.com/maccast
Some Quick News
- Apple finally launches the iPhone on China Mobile
- It’s been rumored for years, but Friday Jan 17th it will happen
- Both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are available
- Tim Cook and and China Mobile’s Chairman were on hand a China Mobile store and Cook autographed some luck owners iPhone’s
- He was specifically asked by reporters if Apple was working on larger screened iPhones. Oh course he declined to comment only saying Apple has great things it is working on.
- Apple seeded the second beta of OS X Mavericks to developers
- Apple once again asks developers to focus on Mail. A common complaint among OS X Mavericks users.
- Apple also asks developers to focus on Messages, virtual private network features, graphics drivers and VoiceOver.
Mac Home Theater Update
- Thanks to my sponsors
- Gazelle. The fast and simple way to sell your used gadgets! Find out what your used iPhone, iPad and other Apple products are worth at Gazelle.com.
- Keep emails coming. Audio comments.