Maccast 2014.02.02 - Storage Solutions with Dave Hamilton
- Gazelle.com wants to buy your iPhones, iPads, and Macs and other devices.
- The process could not be easier
- Go to gazelle.com – that’s g-a-z-e-l-l-e dot com – and find your item
- Tell Gazelle the condition – they’ll even buy broken iPhones
- Get a risk-free offer for your gadgets and free shipping!
- And then you’ll get paid fast by check, PayPal, or get an extra 5% with an Amazon gift card.
* Payments are fast, typically within a few days of your item being received.
* Gazelle will wipe your data for free.
* Gazelle has paid more than $100 million dollars to over 600,000 customers.
* You get free shipping and most items even qualify for a free box.
- Go to Gazelle.com now to get an offer and do it now because your items may lose value the longer you wait.
Different kinds of solutions
- Traditonal HDD and SSD drives
- RAID solutions
- Ready NAS, Synology, Promise RAID
- RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5+1
- NAS drives
- Other solutions
- iOS wi-fi drives (LaCie Fuel, iUSBport mini, AirStash)
- AirDisk with an Airport Extreme or Time Capsule
- Interface options
- Thunderbolt 1 or 2
- Firewire 800
- USB 2 & 3
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless 802.11n and 802.11ac
- Single drive soltions
- 2.5“ vs 3.5”
- Traditonal vs. SSD
- Kind of raid?
- How many disks?
- What about building your own with a Mac?
- Cloud access
- Appliance devices
- Roll your own
- Direct connect or over-the-air
- Remote solutions
Editing and Recording
- AirPlay and Apple TV
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) vs. XBMC/Plex vs. iTunes Server support
* For photos, just simply using an SD and Apple's card adapters
* iOS compatible drives typically rely on WebDAV, FTP, or similar technology
* Advantage of WebDAV is iOS support, works in iWork
* Internet "pass through"
* Streaming video playback
* DLNA support
- Thanks to my sponsors
- Gazelle. The fast and simple way to sell your used gadgets! Find out what your used iPhone, iPad and other Apple products are worth at Gazelle.com.