Written by: Adam Christianson
It has come to my attention in the past few days that some of you are reporting issues downloading the latest MacCast (9/25) in iTunes. The strange thing is this issue seems to be effecting only a small handful of listeners and I personally had no trouble downloading the episode. So you know, I have been working very hard over the past few days to identify and fix the problem. As far as I can determine the problem seems to be with some of the servers at Libsyn, the company who hosts my media files, which are assigning the wrong MIME type to the enhanced AAC files. I am working closely with Libsyn to try and resolve the issue and it should be fixed soon. Until then feel free to download the AAC version of the show directly from this link. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Thanks, Adam. I just switched to the MP3 version and all is well.
9/25 still broken, but i got the 10.4 show to listen to on the commute to work. Thanks Adam for making MacCast, it’s my favorite pod, er, netcast :)
I had this error as well. I waited for awhile and tried downloading again and had no problem. Very strange….