Written by: Charlie George
I know, who would have thunk it, but when I was cruising Apples online store, there it was. Plus it was $20 cheaper than the retail versions for the consoles at $79.99.
Guitar Hero is a REALLY great game, and you can now jam comfortably in front of your Mac.
Here are the specs for those who wish to jam:
In the box
* Guitar Hero 3 software
* Guitar Hero X-Plorer wireless guitar controller
* Guitar strap
* Mac OS X v10.4.10 or v10.5 or later
* 2GHz or faster Intel Core Duo processor (2.33GHz recommended); does not support PowerPC processors
* 1GB RAM (2GB recommended)
* 6.1GB free hard-disk space (5.1GB + 1GB swap file)
* Video card: ATI Radeon X1600 or nVidia GeForce 7300
* Video memory (VRAM): 128MB (256MB recommended)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Macintosh mouse and keyboard
As you can see it’s a bit processor and RAM reliant. If you have the power then rock on!
I wished they used a real electric guitar, so you could use the skill you build up through this game in real life. I think that is a missed opportunity.
Guitar Hero 3 is great!
Do you have a link to this? I can’t find it anywhere besides aspry website
Here ya’ go:
I love Guitar Hero 3. It’s so much fun! I’ve been playing for hours at a time.
Just got GH3 for my ps2, it’s awesome!
I hope that someone out there can help. I just got Guitar Hero III for my Mac and I my computer complies with all the system requirements. I even installed the New Mac Patch. The game works but does not recognize the X-Plorer controller at all. Has anyone had any problems with this?
i think “rocking” the mac is a bit of an overstatement, seeing as it only works on the high end professional versions. regular macbooks have an integrated video card, which gh3 wont work with.
common this is nothing like the real thing, it doesnt even come close to real guitar playing, instead of buying that game people would be better of buying a guitar a real guitar.