Better than anyone could have imaginedâ€”all in one device. Letâ€™s look at some of the details we know so far:
Hereâ€™s what we know regarding the phone capabilities:
- Cingular is US Parter
- GSM / EDGE
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- SMS conversations in iChat-like format
- Visual voicemailâ€”answering machine like technology where all the messages and their contact info are listed on the phone, and can be selected to playback out of orderâ€”not sequentially like traditional voicemail. Those who use VOIP will be familiar with this. Not sure yet, but there is probably some â€œspecial sauceâ€ that allows the phone to communicate with the voicemail service.
- Email: POP/IMAP/Push (Blackberry-like mail)â€”Free Yahoo! Accounts with every Apple iPhone
- Full HTML Safari web browser
- Runs a portable version of Mac OS X.
Other amazing iPhone notables:
- Multi-touch screen with onscreen keyboard
- iPhoto, iTunes, Contacts, Calendar, To-do lists, Widgets
- Bluetooth Headset
- 4GB and 8GB memory capacity
- 5 hour battery life, 16h just playing music.
$499 for 4GB, 8GB for $599. Available in June 2007.
Iâ€™m sure Adam et al will have much more to say when they get back to posting. Stay Tuned!